UK Student Visas

For International students who want to study in the UK


For international students wanting to study in the UK, you’ll need to apply for a student visa through the new student visa route. This visa has replaced the Tier 4 (General) student visa.

If you are an international student and want to study in the UK” with “For International students who want to study in the UK.




  • You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:
  • have been offered a place on a course
  • have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
  • can speak, read, write and understand English If you are a national of a country which the Home Office deems to be ‘majority English-speaking’, then you just need to provide your passport to prove your English language ability for visa application purposes
  • have consent from your parents if you’re 16 or 17 – you’ll need evidence of this when you apply


The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you start your course.

You’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

How long you can stay depends on the length of your course and what study you’ve already completed.


If you’re 18 or over and your course is at degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 5 years. If it’s below degree level, you can usually stay in the UK for up to 2 years.


At Horizon Immigrations, our immigration specialists can provide a complete solution for your study visa including assessment, admission and visa application. We also assist you in getting the highest chance of success for your University application, securing your future in the UK.


Call us today or contact us online to begin your application.